One of the many pasttimes I took up during the last two years of my transformation has been teaching myself to play the guitar. I am no John Mayer but I think I’ve established a fair degree of proficiency considering the fact that I’ve had very little time to dedicate my instrument. While I learnt to play the guitar the guitar also taught me some lessons about life.
- There is no substitute for practice. You need to put the hours in building up those calluses hitting the wrong strings. Until you have you’ll never gain mastery of your instrument. It is said that you need to 10000 hours of practice to attain mastery of any skill. The only way to get there is one hour at a time.
- You get what you practice. Make sure that when you’re practicing you’re practicing playing the correct way. Your body doesn’t know the difference between the correct way to play and the incorrect. Avoid shortcuts learn the correct form. Practice using the correct form, pay the price now and you’ll reap the benefits down the line. Similarly in life if you spend your time practicing and focusing on bad behaviors don’t be surprised when you become really good at being bad.
- Two hands acting as one. Playing the guitar is a true lesson in synergy neither hand can achieve individually what they can achieve together. Playing with feeling can only happen when your hands move as one. Each knowing the position of the other. There is an economy of movement a grace to the guitarist movement that should be a guide to all of us. The guitarist moves his hands no more than he must to get to the next note. Ensuring that he is able to give voice to each beat and to give each beat life. Live your life this way. The only way to succeed is when you are able to find this inner synergy.
- Timing is everything. Playing music is all about keeping time. The guitarist needs keep his playing in time with the rhythm. Within the constraints of the rhythm the guitarist has complete freedom to explore himself within the music. Similarly in life there are immutable laws like timing which we cannot change but we can rule our lives within them if we only open our eyes and ears to see them.
- Less Haste and more Speed. The Guitarist like any musician understands that speed is key it’s not about knowing what note to play but rather it’s about knowing when to play what not. Music is a rich tapestry of sound and silence. Knowing when to keep quiet is often as important as knowing when to play. Don’t rush your playing. When you’re truly invested in playing much like when you’re fully invested in living you will feel the urge to hurry along. Resist this urge remember the right note at the wrong time is as destructive as the wrong note at the right time
- Try is nothing, Do or do not People want change in their lives. We all want to achieve our goals and feel that focus in our daily lives. We all want to live longer happier richer goal focused lives. We all feel that need to fulfill that purpose that only you and I were placed on this......
- Monetize blog growing pains Monetize your life has remained nothing more than my hobby for the last 11 months, however I’m at a crossroads, my domain is up for renewal and try as I might I’m finding it hard to justify keeping the site up. I haven’t been writing the last 4 months......
- List of Musical Terminology 8eva – an octave higher A tempo – resume the normal speed after a diversion Accelerando (accel.) – gradually becoming faster Adagio – slowly, leisurely Ad libitum – at pleasure, quite freely Agitato – with agitation Allargando – broadening out, often with an increase of tone Allegretto......
- 5 Tips for Acoustic Guitar Playing Here are a couple of acoustic guitar tips for free that every beginner should learn sooner than later. Some of it is harder to learn than it is for others; forewarned is forearmed. Guitar Tip #1 - You are incredibly unlikely to hear anyone ever say to themselves "It is......
Finding It Hard to Get Evernote To Do What YOU Want?
Unleash Evernote's Real Power in just one day and take charge of Your Desk, with Evernote Essentials!
Click Here For More Information on Evernote Essentials!
- @Spadak81 Evernote Takes $50 million To Become The Anti-Zynga via @techcrunch http://t.co/MT9lH5g
- @DigitalBiznizz 5 Must Try Evernote Applications for iPhone & iPad: Evernote does not need any introduction. It is an awesome se... http://bit.ly/qhbB5N
- @iznix Evernote does not need any introduction. It is an awesome service that helps its users remember everything. It c... http://bit.ly/qhbB5N
- @benwest0411 Considering paying premium for @evernote. More uploads, more file support & allowing others to edit shared notebooks. Plus, no ads!
- @ipu_nagata_lab ＰＤフォーラム #fromEvernote http://t.co/GkiM868
- @rem @robgreens There's also Evernote which has some of the best syncing abilities, also with their service things like reading text from images
- @milosm Table management (add/delete row/column, etc.) in Evernote isn't that good. Actually it sucks! #fail #evernote cc/ @evernote
- @BrettRWilkes @evernote Having problems... Emailed-in notes are sometimes showing up in Evernote, sometimes not.
- @mherstik @communic8jesus yep & love it! #Evernote
- @A5_148x210mm evernote（web版）の動作が気に入らねぇ～
Tag cloudpassion Link Love goals focus focus on goals Goal Setting how-to-use-evernote Personal Power time evernote-gtd success comments skills evernote-essentials-torrent evernote-essentials-pdf nsinvalidargumentexception-evernote Life at peace brett-kelly-evernote-essentials-free-download blogging inspiration Goal Tracking Evernote review Personal Productivity evernote-iphone-nsinvalidargumentexception Goal monetize fear evernote-nsinvalidargumentexception evernote sucks men with pens f studying personal development motivation Michael Fletcher evernote-essentials-promo evernote essentials failure free time Live free now knowledge evernote motivational evernote-portable stress reduction
What Twitter says about: evernote
WP plugin by Marketing Digital
- How to use Evernote and GTD for setting and achieving goals and objectives 31 comment(s)
- Goal and Objective tracking in Evernote Pt. 1 - Collection 34 comment(s)
- Using Evernote for Goal Tracking Pt. 3 - Organisation 20 comment(s)
- Uses for Evernote Screenshot screen clipping 11 comment(s)
- Using Evernote: How I process my Stuff 28 comment(s)
- nsinvalidargumentexception While using Evernote on iPhone and iPad 6 comment(s)
- Goal and Objective tracking in Evernote Pt. 2 – Capture 21 comment(s)
- Evernote Review: The best Online note taking and organisation tool 1 comment(s)
- Evernote Review: Online note taking software Pc and Mobile 34 comment(s)
- Evernote Trunk full of applications 1 comment(s)
Best Free Tutorial Around