We’re making an announcement about something new. Something we’ve been working on for a little while. Something that will change the way you interact with Evernote, and, maybe even, change how you think about Evernote.
Speculation is rife about the Evernote blog announcement about what July 14th will bring. So what is the evernote announcement on the 14th July going to be? This is my personal Evernote wishlist none of which will end up being the July 14th Surprise no doubt. Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Incoming search terms:
I am currently busy with a barrel load of projects. As a result my brain has fired into creative overdrive with new ideas constantly bubbling up to the surface. I find myself making tons of notes daily, on scraps of paper, in the little notes editor on my phone, in text files on my work laptop, on Keynote on my home pc and on mind maps in Freemind . All in all I do a lot of note taking all over the place which is not bad. I’d rather have all of these bits of information in existence on paper and out of my head. I’m really not that bright and need to keep the clutter to a minimum. Up until now though I’ve relied on my poor addled brain to keep track of all my note taking and ideas. Enter Evernote the note taking web site and software which I have now been using for a week for this review and have been thoroughly impressed with thus far!
What is Evernote?
Evernote note taking site is basically a bit of space online where you can capture and review your notes, lists, e-mails, pages you’ve visited, pictures, audio clips movies and pretty much anything else under the sun you need to keep track of even tweets. “Bah humbug” I hear you snorting, yes I know there are tons of other note taking alternatives to Evernote that can do the same. The Devil they say is in the details though and the Evernote site and it’s associated apps is one horny bastard. Grab your pitch fork and waddle along with me now as I share my Evernote review and explain why it rocks hardest.
Evernote comes in two flavors free and premium. I have not tried Evernote Premium version during this Evernote Review but it offers the power Evernote user:
- more space to store information
- faster text recognition from image notes
- stronger security
- the ability to share notebooks for collaboration
During my Evernote review I have found the free version of Evernote extremely feature rich and you don’t really have to upgrade, though I’d like to in the near future, if I use it as much as I expect I will. Not because I have to but it’s nice to contribute when you find a really useful product like Evernote.
This Evernote review focuses on the free version but the strength of the Evernote Premium version seems to be in the arena of online collaboration. You can allow other Evernote users access to notebooks and review or even edit these shared notebooks. Not only can it be used to review shared Evernote notebooks. Users can actually collaborate online reviewing and editing the same document in real-time on the site or via the Evernote desktop application. During my Evernote Review I found the application ideal for the individual note taking. If you want to extend these benefits to your team you’ll need to upgrade to Evernote Premium.
Text Recognition in Images
One of the really nifty features i found in my Evernote review is that you can finally start treating all your notes the same. Whether it’s a blog post you’ve saved from your browser or it’s a picture you’ve taken of the cover of a book in a bookstore. Evernote can save it for you. Evernote can extract text from images, this means you can search for text amongst your Evernote image “notes”. Very innovative use of the now ancient OCR technology. If this isn’t impressive enough I found out during my Evernote review Evernote even recognizes handwriting in pictures.
During my Evernote Review I found the website very simple for note taking and it keeps the tools you need easily at hand. It is lightning quick, really it is, everything about Evernote is slick and efficient. Once on the Evernote site you have the option to set up multiple notebooks to organize and review your thoughts as you capture them. Once you start you can add tags and edit attributes to help organize everything about your Evernote Notebooks and that’s about that. When you’re looking to simplify your life the last thing you need is big fiddly solutions with millions of options as I’ve found during my Evernote Review this is simply a note taking application that takes the hell out of notes.
Multi-Platform support makes Evernote ultra mobile
Added to all of this web goodness there’s free Evernote desktop, Evernote iphone, Evernote windows mobile and Evernote OSX software. I found these applications as one of the highlights during my Evernote Review, allowing you to work offline, review and organize your Evernote notebooks and sync your Evernote web notes on the go. This means you are not at mercy of the Evernote website or connectivity when you are mobile. This desktop software also integrates with your browser and Microsoft Outlook allowing you to right-click on a web page you’d like to review later and add it to your Evernote Notebooks or allowing you to add an e-mail or attachment to your notes with one click. Have a Symbian phone, want to use Evernote? Use the Evernote wap site and review your Evernote Notebooks there or capture new notes on the go. If for some reason none of these options are appealing to you, you also have a dedicated e-mail address, send a mail to it and it will automatically get added to your default Evernote notebook to be reviewed at your leisure.
Evernote Review: Program Download Links:
If you’re serious about stress free productivity you should seriously consider using Evernote in conjunction with Getting things Done (GTD)
Incoming search terms:
I’ve had a flood of queries about the nsinvalidargumentexception error message from subscribers using the Evernote application on their iPad. I’ve had a search around the web and essentially the nsinvalidargumentexception is an error message more common on the Mac OSX operating system indicating something is buggy in your application or runtime environment. Which is geek speak for “it’s broken”.
Receiving the nsinvalidargumentexception error message on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while syncing seems to be the most common problem I’m seeing reports of. Despite my best efforts to research it there is very little information around about the nsinvalidargumentexception problem. Your best bet as it stands should you get the nsinvalidargumentexception when using Evernote on your iPhone or iPad is:
- Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Evernote iPhone or iPad application loaded
- If you have the latest version of the iPhone or iPad Evernote app and it’s still not working try completely uninstalling the application and re-installing it
- In the event that all else fails Contact Evernote support
Edit: After scanning the twitter I’ve noticed a few twitter users are reporting that uninstalling and then re-installing the application has fixed the nsinvalidargumentexception problem on iPhones.
If anyone has had this nsinvalidargumentexception problem while using Evernote on their iPhone please let us know what’s worked for you to get your Evernote back up and running.
Incoming search terms:
- NSInvalidArgumentException (108)
- Evernote nsinvalidargumentexception iPad (36)
- evernote synchronization failed nsinvalidargumentexception (34)
- evernote iphone nsinvalidargumentexception (33)
- ns invalid argument exception (20)
- nsinvalidargumentexception evernote iphone (13)
- evernote ns invalid argument exception (13)
- evernote error nsinvalidargumentexception (10)
- evernote invalid arguments exception (4)
- nsinvalidargumentexception ipad (3)
Brett Kelly, author of the Evernote Essentials book, has owned the “Evernote tips” niche for almost as long as Evernote has been around. His Unofficial Evernote manual, Evernote Essentials is the final word for squeezing all the power you need out of Evernote. Whether you’re a newbie or an Evernote expert you need Evernote essentials, because Brett Kelly knows more than you. That’s why the guys over at Evernote gave him a job in 2010. Brett consulted with them during the writing of Evernote Essentials. The Evernote brains trust were so impressed with the way in which Brett was able to demystify Evernote in Evernote Essentials and make Evernote’s full power available even to newbies who have never used evernote before.
When the Student is ready, the master appears
My Evernote Sucks
I had do my what I can to find the best ways to use Evernote. Loads of people have got hold of me trying to convince me that Evernote sucks or that Evernote is only good for bookmarks or Evernote is no good as an offline tool or that Evernote can’t be used for fitness or goal tracking or capturing reciepts or this or that. I don’t really waste my time responding, the guys complaining that Evernote can’t Manage their projects or park their car for them have missed the point completely. Evernote is simply a tool. A very powerful and flexible tool but a tool nonetheless. I can use the butt of a saw to knock in a nail but it’s probably not the best way to do it. If DevonThink or Springpad or remember the milk works better at certain tasks by all means use them for those things you don’t win any extra points for using Evernote for Everything. (though I’m becoming more and more convinced that you can) Continue reading »
Continue reading »
Incoming search terms:
- Evernote Essentials torrent (123)
- Evernote Essentials ebook download (25)
- evernote ebook torrent (18)
- evernote essential (16)
- Evernote: The Unofficial eBook (15)
- evernoteessentials pdf (12)
- evernote ebook download (10)
- evernote essentials ebook torrent (4)
- use evernote to manage fitness goals (3)
- manual for evernote (2)
Do You Want To Take Your Evernote Experience To The Next Level?
Master Evernote in just 24 hours and take control of Your Desk, with Evernote Essentials!
Click Here To Buy Evernote Essentials Now!
- @Arwen_LA I keep saying that I'm going to read but twitter distracts me.
- @tu_chaparita65 RT @TweetsWithFun: "Twitter is stupid and confusing!" *one month later* "DUDE, I can't stop tweeting!" Who remembers saying this?
- @giuantonelli RT @AraGonzaleez: Facebook en su tiempo se armo un puterio y ahora twitter es un puterio!!
- @paraisosofilme RT @Recomendo: Filme paraisos artificiais #recomendo (: http://t.co/hUd2iT6q
- @KaitRid RT @awesomeseank: Twitter just suggested I follow Dane Cook. That's funnier than anything Dane Cook has ever said.
What Twitter says about: Twitter
WP plugin by Marketing Digital
- How to use Evernote and GTD for setting and achieving goals and objectives 33 comment(s) | 6001 view(s)
- Goal and Objective tracking in Evernote Pt. 1 – Collection 36 comment(s) | 3371 view(s)
- nsinvalidargumentexception While using Evernote on iPhone and iPad 8 comment(s) | 2874 view(s)
- Uses for Evernote Screenshot screen clipping 11 comment(s) | 2488 view(s)
- Using Evernote: How I process my Stuff 28 comment(s) | 2183 view(s)
- Using Evernote for Goal Tracking Pt. 3 – Organisation 22 comment(s) | 1918 view(s)
- Goal and Objective tracking in Evernote Pt. 2 – Capture 22 comment(s) | 1765 view(s)